WORLD AIDS DAY
Written by David McDougal on
Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:48:00 EST:
Hey Beacon! Today Beacon celebrated World AIDS Day! We had many student organizations participate in the international event working to spread awareness:
- Project ABLE
- Sexual Health Initiative
- Landmine Relief Club
- Clothing Cures
If you were curious about the posters hanging around school, here are the statistics:
- 99.7% AIDS infected people in Nepal who don't receive treatment.
- 75% Kids with AIDS in Malawi who die before the age of 7
- 6.3% People in Kenya who are infected with AIDS
- 13% New HIV AIDS cases between the ages of 13 and 24
- New York City HIV AIDS rate is 3 times the national average
For more information check out:
Help Beacon fight AIDS!